Thursday, October 14, 2010

Signature Slide

Much of my blues discoveries took place in the cassette section of Cheapo in St. Paul, MN. CD's were $15 and cassette tapes were $5, so I naturally took the lesser risk route and went with cassette tapes.

I didn't know who I was looking for, just starved to find more and more and more of this music. Every purchase was a key that unlocked a door which led to another door.  I can clearly recall the day I bought a tape by Muddy Waters and heard slide guitar for the first time. My first reaction was, "I've got to learn how to do that!"



So, 15yrs later it is with great honor to announce that Sly Devil Glass Bottlenecks in Los Angeles has released their own "Tom Feldmann" signature slide.

These are real glass bottleneck slides hand-crafted by Roger Gohl from the highest quality European wine bottles. The perfect length, texture and weight provide the very best tone and excellent vibrato. Roger's slides have been used by Catfish Keith, Doug MacLeod, Paul Geremia, and many other amazing slide guitar players.

It is a bit ridiculous, a bit perplexing, a bit (fill in the blank), but I am so extremely happy to be able to put these great slides in player's hands.

I've gone through loads of different slides over the yrs., testing all sorts of brands and materials, looking for the one my ears liked best and I can safely say the search is over.  These are the slides I like best and I hope you will too.

Purchasing info at: tomfeldmann.com/goods.html

No comments: