Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bubble Burst

My bubble was exposed yesterday by an innocent question posed by an innocent young man. "What's gospel music?'

I don't assume everyone knows the music I know, but I also never consider that they don't. You mean someone might not actually know what gospel music is, or who its practitioners might be?

I stumbled for an answer, as I was not prepared to have my bubble penetrated at that time and place.  I later sat in my car and thought, oh, I should've said it's the Bible set to blues music...although blues was birthed from gospel, in my replay of the conversation I get to assume he knew what blues music is...or maybe it would've landed another blank stare.

So I said, "here," and handed him my newly acquired business card (the location for this conversation) and if curiosity should allow he could go to the website and hear some gospel music.  He said, "right on."

As per all my design relatd needs, the cards where designed by Douglas DeMuth

No comments: